This blog has been created to document the planning and execution as it is happening, a bike ride across the USA for charity. I will update it on a regular basis to keep people informed and a tool for myself to keep going. Namaste.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where have I been? and Where am I going?


Reflecting on the last 10 days has me a bit in a tizzy. I was just trying to remember what the heck happened through Illinois and Indianna. The answer, I am not quite sure. One might think I rode through a big smoke cloud of marijuana and plum forgot what happened. But no, i assure you I have been quite coherent and conscious along this beautiful journey.

The truth really, since leaving my sister in law in Missouri is that the states have become narrower, so I have been able to cruise through them fairly quickly. Riding solo has been an amazing time. I had myself on a pretty good schedule of getting up early, grabbing a quick bite and riding 60-70 miles with few breaks, a bit of yoga and meditation, sleep and do it all over again the next day. It was great and I was in a groove until....

....the folks Spela and Charlie, those who i rode with back in WY when Ken and I parted, collided again in Findlay, OH. We had realized days before that we could make it happen and so we did. Now, knowing that they have quite a different schedule than I, i was this time prepared for my dynamic to shift once again. A new phase of the ride was going to unfold, I could choose to be in the flow or resist. I chose to toss my schedule out the window to be able to have experiences that i would otherwise not have had with riding as a single woman.

Since meeting up with these guys I have eatin well as we make stops at farmers stands, eat copious amounts of peaches and some right from the tree, homestays, beef jerky, tail winds, coffee, poached camp spots right in the woods on Lake Erie, unexpected rest days with The Womack Family Band and friends, and hmmmmm....the rest remains to be seen as we continue to ride together for the next few days.

Spela and Charlie will leave in NY to make their way to Ithaca as I make my way towards eastern NY and VT. I have found a treehouse to stay in. I am hoping that it is available when I come through and funds allow me to stay in my dream home for the night.

Last night we talked about what love meant to us. It has been probable one of the most important themes in my life aside from freedom. To me, true love involves being free and letting others be free. So much we want to hold onto that which we love in fear of not having it or them, whatever the object it is that we want. The fear that keeps us holding on, is really just holding us back from greater things. We hold ourselves back by holding on. Sometimes it invloves in cutting the chord everyday to remind ourselves that we are in control of our power and who we choose to give it to and sometimes who we choose to give it to in the hopes that they make the right decision for us. It seems crazy, but I just did it and we all do sometimes. But for me to realize that was so empowering and now I can move forward knowing that I again have the power to choose.

To all, my love to you is unwaivering and constant,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment