This blog has been created to document the planning and execution as it is happening, a bike ride across the USA for charity. I will update it on a regular basis to keep people informed and a tool for myself to keep going. Namaste.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Resistance

I want not to be where I am. But I also don't want to ride in the conditions beyond the walls in which I sit. Strong winds will be in my face all day if I choose to ride. Par for the course? Pretty much. There certainly are days in which we must make the other choice of not riding. And really we can do whatever we want, I can do whatever I want. I guess the question is what do I want more? I can hang out for another day in Ordway, CO or venture on 60 miles east which I am more inclined to do.

Considering all the rest I have just come off of, I want to ride, but I want the conditions to be up to me. HA!! Never have I experienced so much as I have teaching yoga and riding a bicycle across America, to adapt and be flexible and open to what comes your way.

I am in a cool house or trailer. This woman names Gillian, from New Zealand, houses cyclists for free. She has a couple of trailers on her property specifically for people like me. We have use of shower, laundry, kitchen and can hang out with the myriad of pets roaming around....goats, ducks, chickens, dogs, horses...unfortunately no pigs :(

Amongst the all of the people that live here and are visiting, I feel a bit lost and alone. I am excited to be heading back east. Through my travels, i certainly have to realize how much I enjoy living in the Northeast. With all the green, trees, mountains, oceans, lakes.....it really has so much that I love, not to mention the love of family and friends.

Til Next Time....until then ride the wave....

In Peace, Light and Love

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment