This blog has been created to document the planning and execution as it is happening, a bike ride across the USA for charity. I will update it on a regular basis to keep people informed and a tool for myself to keep going. Namaste.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

On the road.....again.

I have left Denver. Day 4 and I have decided to take a rest day in Pueblo with Ann, Pat and their 2 girls Molly and Alison. Sam from the Yogaslackers put me in touch with these fine folks. There house is AMAZING. Apartment really in this old bldg (which they own) in downtown Pueblo, CO. A yoga teacher and a pilot, solar panels being erected on the roof as we speak, 2 beautifully intelligent and funny girls...another example of a model family.

This was not the only inspiring homestay that I have had. Just 2 nights ago, I made my way to CO Springs to stay with the Elias Fund family. 2 young guys began this organization originally helping one Zimbabwean gardner put his sons through college. Soon becoming their passion and hopefully their lifes work to help struggling families in this country to give their children an education. Many of you, who know me and were at my fundraiser may recognize the bracelet or necklace that you may be wearing now that is so beautifully inscribed...."if you are strong, I am strong". This is a sentiment that is widely used through Zimbabwe. This is the family that I stayed with. Although I did not get to meet Eric and Scott....the founders....their parents and other brother Luke opened their home and hearts. Margie, the wife, mother and now dear friend of mine, well lets just say we could still be chatting at the kitchen table and not miss a beat :) Check out www.eliasfund.org

And I must not fail to mention my lovely friend Michelle who picked me up from Telluride and brought me to her apt 30 stories high in downtown Denver. A friend, where picking up right where we left off, had many great laughs and conversations. To top it off, my friend came out to visit from the east coast and had one of the best days of my trip tubing down Boulder Creek.

I am back on the road, with a renewed sense of focus. I begin my journey back east tomorrow. I have headed South the last few days, but knowing that I am heading back to the east coast has me brimming with excitement and nerves! I am not sure whether it is that I am getting closer to home, more familiar territory or that I soon have to figure out where my place in the world is going to be once I conclude my ride. The latter part does have me all to concerned as I feel that with living that question I will live myself into the answer. If that makes sense, it does to me and guess that's all that really matters.

One thing I know...I know what I want and I know who I am. I guess that's 2 things. And when I feel lost or alone I am quickly reminded that I am loved, usually by some divine intervention. The surest thing to getting what we want is to give it. The ccol thing about our friends and family, people we love or hate....they are mirrors for us. They show us where we can grow and expand. Many times it is the people that frustrate us the most we have the most to learn from. Take it with open arms, like a good friend. Welcome it all, the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the laughter and tears. For we could never know sadness without happiness and never know laughter without tears. Ride the wave....

In peace, light and love,

Meaghan

www.ridethewaveofchange.org

No comments:

Post a Comment